Backup/Restore - Performing restore (example)
You wish to restore data that has been backed up at an earlier time.
- 1. Go to .
- The window is opened.
Selecting files for restore
- 1. To restore files and folders, click . For the other options, proceed accordingly.
- The window is opened. The window is closed.
Selecting backup jobs
- 1. In the panel, select the operating system (OS), the node and the backup job.
- 2. You have the option to select more than one backup job in the . The system then searches all selected jobs to locate the files and folders to be restored.
- The panel lists the associated backup jobs in chronological order.
Locating and selecting files for restore
To locate the files you wish to restore, first select the time period during which these files were backed up.
- 1. In the , specify the time period.
There areways for finding the required file:
- ▪ Entering search criteria
- ▪ Browsing
- 1. In the text field, enter search parameter ex: */*.log to locate all files with extension .log.
- 2. Start the search by clicking [Search selected].
- The search function returns all files with extension .log.
- 1. Click [Browse selected].
- The file tree is displayed where you can select the files to be restored.
Selecting backup files for restore
- 1. Select (✔) the files you wish to restore.
Selecting target options
Subsequently, you must select the computer and the directories to which the data is to be restored.
- 1. Click [Next].
- The window listing the options for the target drive is opened (see Backup/Restore - Files & Folders Restore).
- The files will be restored to the computer from which they were originally backed up.
- 1. Select option .
- The user rights of the files are included in the restore.
For alternative destination nodes, open thewindow and select or enter the path of the target node.
- 1. Click [Browse] to locate the target (drive or directory) for the file restore.
- The is opened.
- 2. Select the drive in the [Device] section and then select the directory in the .
- 3. Confirm by clicking [OK].
After you have selected the target location for the files to be restored, you can choose whether only the files or the entire filing structure of these are to be restored.
With this option, only the file name is written to the target node.
A section of the original path of the file is replaced with the path entered in.
- 1. Enter the desired path details.
- 2. Click [Restore].
The restore is carried out. You can monitor its progress in. The data selected for restore is written to the target node. The result of the restore is subsequently displayed in the .
- File & Folders Restore
- Backup/Restore - Files & Folders Restore