Backup/Restore - Setting up backup job (example)
To set up a backup job, proceed as described in this example for file system "Backup".
The following information is defined in the backup job:
- ▪ The data to be backed up.
- ▪ The target location of the backup.
- ▪ The time at which the backup is to be performed.
The backup server and media/disk pool for the storage of the data must be set up and configured.
- 1. Go to .
- The window is opened.
- 2. In the section, select in the shortcut menu.
- The dialog for the definition of the backup job ( tab) is displayed.
Entering job name and node name
1. Enter the name of the job in thefield.
- 2. Select the backup client or the server group in the field.
Selecting directory to be backed up
1. In, click [Select fileset].
- The dialog is opened.
- 2. Select the drive from the list.
- 3. Select the directory to be backed up and then drag&drop it to the panel.
- 4. Confirm your selection of directories by clicking [OK].
- The dialog showing the tab is opened.
Selecting backup type
- 1. Click the Screen number display field. All available backup types are listed here.
- 2. Select the backup type you wish to perform, e.g. .
- 3. Confirm your selection by clicking [OK].
- The dialog is closed.
Testing backup job connection
After you have defined the backup job, you can test the connection to the client, the backup server and the data storage device with thefunction.
- 1. Right-click the backup job and select Connection Test in the shortcut menu.
- If all settings are correct and the selected systems are accessible, two green ticks are displayed. Connection problems are indicated with a red cross.
- 2. Close the window by clicking [Close].
The backup job is now defined and the necessary connections are configured.
The newly defined backup job is now included in thelist. The associated details are shown in the panel.