E-mail Notification Messages
You wish to be informed by e-mail the moment a warning or a message regarding an error that occurred during a backup job is generated.
- In order to send e-mail messages from the backup server, you must configure the mail server ( ).
- The backup job must be assigned to a schedule ( ).
Proceed as follows:
- The dialog showing the tab is opened. Select the messages ( ) you wish to display on the dashboard, and also select whether they are to trigger notification by e-mail to a specific e-mail address.
- 2. To display a message on the dashboard, select ✔ and then select the time period for which the message is to be displayed.
- 3. To opt for notification by e-mail, select ✔, for example for :
General information regarding the progress of the backup job.
Warnings regarding the progress of the backup job.
Message indicating that an error occurred in the backup job.
- 1. Save the settings by clicking [Save].
- The type of messages displayed on the dashboard, the time for which they are displayed and the settings for notifications by e-mail are now defined.
If you have opted for notification by e-mail, you must now enter a valid e-mail address to which these notifications are to be sent.
The e-mail address is user-specific.
- 1. Go to .
- 2. If you have not already set up a user account, enter a user name and a password and activate the new user settings.
- 3. Click [Edit] in to assign the user to a group:
- 4. In the section, click the input field and enter the e-mail address to which the messages and reports are to be sent.
- 5. Save the settings by clicking [OK].
If one of the configured message types occurs during a backup job, you will be notified with a message to the entered e-mail address.