List file recovery of cloned backups on Windows
Last Updated: Aug 28, 2013 10:31AM PDT
Due to a bug in Hiback version 08.05.01 the list file recovery of cloned backups on Windows fails. Following process describes a workaroud for this problem.
1. Search the timestamp of the backup in GUI->Reporting->[MarkBackup]->[Open tab"Details"->HIBACK_STAMP] (Copy the value)
2. In this view you also find the name of the LIST_FILE (needed later on)
3. Open a DOS Box on the backup server, change directory to Hiback\log and issue following command:
findstr "value of timestamp, e.g. 001122334455" svc.log
The command shows one line with all informations for the clone, example output
The bold field elements show the clone devive and the starting volume number.
4. Change to the parent directory in the DOS-Box (Hiback directory). Issue following command
Hiback.exe -cross *
with following settings
WHICH FILESET ? $stamp= "value of timestamp, e.g. 001122334455 (no ticks)"
FUNCTION ? ci
DEVICE ? "The name of the clne device from svc.log (no ticks)","starting volume number from svc.lg (no ticks)"
5. the listfile will be created in a temp directory, Hiback tells you where.
6. the listfile must be copied into the clients Hiback\list directory using the name found in item 2.
7. start GUI restore .